Rome Caput Mundi – with its great beauty, art, history, parks, the Lungotevere and much more, there are so many reasons to visit and run through it. No other incentives are necessary.
The Eternal City – the most beautiful in the world – has joined forces with an excellent marathon with a glorious past and great ambitions for the future.
Here are 10 reasons to run Acea Run Rome The Marathon on 29 March 2020:
- BECOME A GLADIATOR – Experience your marathon with determination and fighting spirit by honouring the icon that best reflects Rome: the gladiator. And in order to feel like a real gladiator, what could be better than starting and arriving at the world’s most historic theatre: the Colosseum. You will run the marathon while treading on the cobblestones where gladiators once fought epic battles.
- LEAVE A MARK – Leave your mark in Caput Mundi, an eternal city, the crossroads between a thousand cultures and the backdrop to countless historical events and eras. Acea RunRomeTheMarathon is a journey that will make you fall in love with running and marathons forever. With the legs of a gladiator and a great heart beating stronger and stronger, you’ll start at the Imperial Forums and then pass in front of the Vittoriano and Piazza Venezia, brushing past the Circus Maximus, the Lungotevere, Castel Sant’Angelo, Viale della Conciliazione and St. Peter’s basilica. Then there are the Foro Italico and the Mosque of Rome. Next come Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Via del Corso, Piazza del Popolo, Piazza di Spagna, with the famous Trinità dei Monti staircase and the Trevi Fountain. With the last kilometres between the Palatine Hill and the Arch of Constantine, you’ll feel like Olympic champion Abebe Bikila in 1960 before finally reaching the Colosseum. Acea RunRomeTheMarathon is yours.
- LA DOLCE VITA – Then there is the Trevi Fountain, yes the one made famous by Federico Fellini with Marcello Mastroianni and Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita. With magical moments like this, Rome can be very romantic. Great, invincible Rome envelops you, embraces you, captures you and awaits you.
- THE MEDAL OF THE GODS – A medal is the symbol of your victory, and that of Acea Run Rome The Marathon is beautiful, unique, unrepeatable and is linked to one of the best known and most iconic symbols of the eternal city: the Pantheon. It is an almost magical eternal monument, thanks to the legend linked to its dome, and it is imbued with positive values because it was built in honour of all the gods. Its history evokes excellence and for this reason it represents the perfect symbol to give to all the marathon runners who will leave a mark in Rome.
- FEEL THE MUSIC – There will be no fewer than 50 events over the 42.195 km of the route. There will be music and colours, parties and emotions. This music will give you that extra boost to fully experience Acea Run Rome The Marathon and make it even more memorable. It will give you the energy to get through the final kilometres and will spur you on to earn your medal.
- 140 PACERS – You will meet the coolest group of pacers in history. These 140 super gladiators from all over the world will accompany you at different paces. Choose your rhythm, join the group and enjoy the marathon effortlessly, as they guide you with their experience
- RUN4ROME RELAY RACE – Everyone can be a protagonist of the marathon. You can take part in the relay race, which lets you live like a gladiator for the day. With Run4Rome, you will experience the thrill of crossing the finish line of a marathon. Create your team of four and start dreaming. You can compete with life-long friends, gym or football buddies, with colleagues, your brothers, your sisters or your cousins, because Run4Rome can be a family affair and a challenge faced together.
- TRAIN WITH US – Acea Run Rome The Marathon can help you prepare with 18 group training-events. Thanks to the advice of great champions such as Giorgio Calcaterra and Franca Fiacconi, and with the guidance of professional coaches with Olympic experience and technical partners, these sessions will give you an opportunity to build your race strategy and experience Rome as a runner all year round.
- THE FUN RUN – Get your running shoes laced up and ready on Saturday with the 4.5 km Fun Run, which, unlike previous years, will not be held on Sunday morning. Taking place entirely within the historic centre, it will be a great party for everyone, from children in strollers to adults, families and groups of friends, runners and walkers. Smiles and selfies galore – what a way to get together and feel good by embracing the city and its most beautiful streets.
- CARBONARA – Because only in Rome can you find genuine tonnarelli cacio e pepe, bucatini all’amatriciana, carbonara, Roman pizza, saltimbocca alla romana, carciofi alla giudia, maritozzi and many more delicacies besides. It’s the perfect carbohydrate charge for a Saturday, and a very pleasant reward after the marathon!